Saturday, October 23, 2021

Make a Plan!

As winter approaches, I’m already thinking about how I want to spend my indoor time and not waste it.











I’m also reading a book I bought a while back on forming habits.

The key to forming a habit, the book tells me,  is to create an action plan:

WHEN [THIS HAPPENS] 

I PLAN TO [DO THIS] 

AT [THIS LOCATION]

Thinking of several recent accomplishments, like getting the flu shot this past week, I realize that I had an action plan: It was... whenever I go into a drugstore or grocery store, I’ll ask if there are any flu shots available and - if there is no long line - I’ll get whatever dose they have... the one for seniors or the regular one.

And that’s exactly what I did.

Another action plan I made recently involves knitting. I want to do a little knitting every day, but I don’t want it to consume my life - or to irritate my wrists by knitting for too long at a time. So my new action plan is: whenever I knit, I’ll listen to one podcast while I knit. That will limit my knitting time. And if my wrists start to bother me, I’ll stop.

Now... how to accomplish other things I want to do, like...

  • getting rid of old magazines that I’ve found too interesting to toss? 
  • making quilting - and painting part of my daily life again? 
How to do the hundred and one projects I’ve successfully put off doing for years?

I definitely need an action plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment