Saturday, October 2, 2021

Childhood Attachment

Looking at this summer’s family photos, I notice that our grandson - who will be two years old in a few months - loves to carry a tiny toy truck around with him wherever he goes... 











Not a car... a truck!











He even likes to hold on to it when he’s eating! 

It reminds me of my brother at about the same age. My brother loved wearing an old felt hat that my Aunt Zilla’s brother Bruno had given him. Bruno, a house painter, wore the hat when he was painting.

One day he plopped the paint-splattered hat on my brother’s head - and it was love at first sight! He never wanted to take it off after that!











Here he is wearing it at my 7th birthday party. I’m not sure when he stopped wearing it. But I do remember what a struggle it was to get him to take it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment