Friday, August 6, 2021

Sweater Milestone











I’ve been doing a lot of knitting this summer - probably because the weather has been hot. I avoid being out in the sun and have several knitting projects on the go.

One of them is this sweater I’m making for myself, top-down - in one piece - using the red yarn I bought at the Mary Maxim store in Paris, Ontario in June.











l’ve finished the body and I’m nearing the end of one sleeve… so I’ve reached a milestone of sorts: I  can try the sweater on and see how it looks, even with only one sleeve done.

After examining it on, I think I might unravel the cuff, replacing the garter stitch with rubbing, for a tighter fit.

I may also make the body a little longer. That would entail unravelling the border at the bottom of the sweater and adding more knitting before adding the border again. 

I’ll only do it if I have enough yarn once both sleeves are done.

After all this work, I hope I like it in the end!


No comments:

Post a Comment