Friday, August 20, 2021

Local Pollinator Garden

I didn’t know our community association had created a pollinator garden a few blocks from our house.










But I happened upon it while out walking recently.










I was curious: What is a pollinator garden?











Online I read that it aims to attract insects, bees, butterflies - and hummingbirds.











This garden was a mix of flowers, herbs and vegetables…











I didn’t notice any humming birds… but a robin was hopping around this pleasant, peaceful space…



Which made me wonder: Don’t all gardens attract pollinators?! Someone once told me that the best way to attract butterflies is to leave a wild space somewhere in the yard - letting natural plants / weeds grow at will…

(I obviously have a lot to learn!)

No comments:

Post a Comment