Thursday, May 13, 2021

What Do I Enjoy?

The book, the Artist’s Way, is a self-described “course in discovering and recovering your creative self.”











I first read through the book - and did its exercises - a few months after I retired in 2008. Not long afterwards, I started to write my daily blog... (Is that a coincidence or did the book really spark my creativity?!)

I’ve recently begun to read the book again... and do some of the exercises. One I did recently was to list 20 things I enjoy doing.

After completing my list, I had the sudden urge to compare it to the one I had made in 2008. It took a bit of hunting to find my old notebook, but I did. Comparing my lists, I saw that nothing had really changed!

I still enjoy eating, travelling and baking... to name a few. The one thing I didn’t mention this time was music... Have I replaced my love of music with an appreciation for silence?!

Later I asked Terry to tell me 20 things he enjoys doing. We had a lot of similarities - though he enjoys watching TV and I don’t... the news and documentaries - as well as many televised competitive sports.

But we both enjoy travelling - and look forward to doing that again once the pandemic is over.

I think the goal of the exercise was to put us in touch with our fun-loving selves that often get overwhelmed with the problems of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment