Saturday, May 22, 2021

Planting Sunflower Seeds

Last year my son visited a friend who had enormous sunflowers growing in his garden. 

My mother would love flowers like that, my son commented...

I have lots of seeds she can plant, the friend replied, and took him into the garage where some sunflower heads were drying.

That was last fall...











Several weeks ago, we put the seeds between layers of damp paper towel to see if they’d sprout...

The plan was to keep them moist - then plant them outdoors if they sprouted.

But then PANIC! The weather turned cold and instead of sprouting, some became moldy...

I quickly planted them in pots and put them in a sunny window...











It looks as if a few are reviving and beginning to sprout...











A hopeful beginning!



No comments:

Post a Comment