Thursday, December 10, 2020

Vintage Sweaters

Knitting has been my hobby for years. During my working years, I often knit a sweater every winter..


They were always for myself, since nobody else in the family wanted to wear hand-knit sweaters.

Here are four that I wore for years. Two are now a little small... And the sleeves on all of them are wider than sweater sleeves tend to be these days.





I was wondering what to do with them, when my daughter recently asked: Do you still have that blue sweater with the white stripes at the collar?








What about the ones with the house and tree - and the geese...










I was surprised that she remembered them all...


I still have all of them, including a green one with a high neck ... 

If you're not using them, could you bring them next time you visit? she asked...

I'm surprised that she wants to try them on and perhaps even wear them. Nice that "vintage" sweaters are sometimes in style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment