Monday, December 7, 2020

Winter Wondering...

I recently read the following about creativity: A major obstacle to creativity is wanting to be in the peak season of growth ... at all times... but if ... like the seasons... we can accept the reality that periods of despair or fallowness are like winter - a resting time that offers us a period of hibernation... and regeneration that prepares us for the births of spring.

This quote (by Linda Leonard) found in The Artist’s Rule, which I am currently reading, encourages patience and hope now that winter is here. 

Hopefully, as I spend more time indoors, this indoor time will be productive. I have lots of plans, including sorting through papers, getting rid of what I no longer need. 

Even if I'm not as productive as I'd like to be, this winter season will hopefully lead me to accept the fact that productive days as well as “fallow” days are part of both cycles of life and creativity. So I shouldn't feel guilty if I'm not "creative" of "productive" all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment