Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Out With the OLD... Telephones?!

Terry and I recently switched to a new (cheaper) internet provider. They installed a new FIBE line to replace our old telephone line. 


After the technician left, to our consternation, most of our old telephones no longer worked! No dial tone! No ring!

Will I have to throw all our old phones out?! I wondered as I gathered them up and put them into a box in the basement.

The only phones that still worked were two connected to a cordless phone base. 

What to do?!

We went out and bought a new base that came with five cordless phones... so that we could have a phone in the basement and upstairs as well as the main floor.



An unexpected advantage of this new base is a button on each phone for blocking numbers! Now whenever I get an offer to clean my ducts or someone telling me that my computer is broken, I simply press the button: BLOCK NUMBER and hang up...

I have noticed that we now get fewer telemarketing calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment