Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Latest Library Reading...

I'm so glad we have public libraries!

I first began to use the public library when I was in elementary school in Red Deer, Alberta. My friend Jean (two years older than me) worked in the library shelving books.

In those days, I read children's mystery stories - Pollyanna, Bobbsey Twins, Swallows and Amazons, Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Cherry Ames... to name a few...

These days I borrow books on quilting, healthy eating... and medical problems! This one, my latest, deals with cholesterol issues.

The main thing I learned through perusing this one is that low carb eating helps cholesterol as well as type 2 diabetes.

(I wonder if doctors like their patients to be informed... My family doctor sometimes recommends medical books to me. She's open to discussing options for dealing with issues. But not all the doctors I see are as open as she is.)


No comments:

Post a Comment