Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Big Batch Oatmeal Cookies

Terry and I have different tastes in food... Even after all these years of marriage, our daily diet fluctuates back and forth between foods that he likes and foods that I enjoy (or should be eating for health reasons).

He really misses the fact that I no longer bake very often... and when I do, I try to make "healthy" modifications to my recipes.

In an attempt to appease him, I recently made a large batch of dry oatmeal cookie mix that I could mix up easily to make PLAIN oatmeal cookies by simply adding eggs. He doesn't like raisins or craisins in his...(And I find plain ones a little boring!)






I got the recipe from my old  More-Wih-Less Mennonite cookbook...









Here is what the big batch of dry ingredients looks like in the container in the fridge (with the lid off). 

I added olive oil instead of butter or margarine, to make keeping it easier.

Now all I have to do is add eggs.

I may bring some mix along when I next visit my daughter in Guelph. She may like some home-made "mix" that make cookie baking easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment