Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Knitting... SOCKS!

For the past few months, I've been knitting... SOCKS!

When I first started knitting socks - at least a dozen years ago - I began collecting sock yarn, whenever I saw it on special... Over the years, I've collected quite a lot!

My goal now is to use it all up! I doubt if I'll be doing that any day soon, as it takes me weeks to finish a pair... Each ball makes one sock. The container holds two layers of yarn. I've estimated that I have enough yarn in this plastic bin for 12 or 13 pairs of socks!


My first goal was to fit all my sock yarn into one container... I think I've done it!

So I far this year, I've knit two pairs of children's socks and two pairs for myself in this colorful yarn that reminds me of Dr. Seuss... 

I have enough of the same yarn for a third pair.




Now I'm taking a break, working on grey striped socks in my size...

I like colorful yarn, but when I look at a ball of yarn, noticing all the colors in it, I can't tell exactly how the colors will come together. 

Narrow stripes? Wide stripes? Another design altogether? 

It's always a surprise! That's partly what makes it interesting... and FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment