Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Flowers

A few days ago, former colleagues of mine posted this picture of outdoor Christmas flowers... in Tasmania, where they live.

It's easy to forget that Christmas comes in summer in the Southern Hemisphere. I've heard that Christmas dinner there is often a picnic at the beach... That would definitely be different! 

Looking at this lovely picture reminds me that my father once wanted to move to Australia... or was it New Zealand? In any event, he had read an article - either in Reader’s Digest or National Geographic  - and had been inspired. 

We were living in Kelowna at the time, with mother’s parents and several of her siblings living nearby. My mother was very happy and had no interest in moving!

Had she been as adventurous as my dad at that time, I might now be living in Australia, enjoying Christmas picnics at the beach and outdoor Christmas flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment