Monday, August 17, 2020

Marina on the River

A few days ago, Terry and I were looking for a new spot to explore. We drove across the river to Quebec, ending up at the Aylmer marina, a place we hadn't visited in a long time...

It was a good choice!

There was a lot of action...

Sailing lessons, perhaps, as part of a summer outdoor program?







The moored motor boats reminded me of my teen years in Kelowna, BC, when my family had a boat my dad used for fishing - but it was still powerful enough to pull two water-skiers.

In summer, I'd often head over to the Kelowna marina - usually with my family, but sometimes with friends - to take the boat out for a ride...





I have no desire to drive a speedboat or seadoo anymore - but these spacious pontoon boats look like fun... I could imagine"parking" in the middle of the river and relaxing.









A floating cottage! I wonder if it has a small kitchen... or bathroom...

Probably not!









Not for me, Terry said...

You have to try it before you decide, I told him. You might just like it...

Maybe...







A slight breeze cooled the air near the water - as we tried to identify Andrew Haydon park across the river on the Ottawa side...





It's always nice to spend time near the river. The marina park is a lovely place to spend a hot summer's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment