Monday, August 3, 2020

Boating on the Ottawa River

I spent my teenage years in Kelowna, BC, on the Okanogan Lake. Because of the lake, Kelowna is a well-known vacation destination in western Canada. Our family even had a boat that was used for fishing, picnics and water-skiing. Often, at the end of a hot summer day, our family would head out in the boat to have supper floating peacefully on the water. It was one of our favorite things to do.

In all my years of living in Ottawa, I've never thought of Ottawa in terms of boating - but a week ago, Terry and I happened to stop at a lookout on a Ottawa River that was near a marina. 

There were so many boats in the water!






We could see another marina on the Quebec side of the river.

No wonder it was such a busy place - with boats of all sizes.








Everyone was having a lot of fun... even a guy who fell off his seadoo and had to swim to catch up to it!










The scene reminded me so much of boating in Kelowna!




No comments:

Post a Comment