Saturday, August 22, 2020

Chocolate Mug Cake

Now that summer is here, I don't often use the oven... So, often when I crave a sweet treat, I turn to this flexible mug chocolate cake recipe:

1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of milk
1 tablespoon of water
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix well in a mug or glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute 45 seconds. Test with a toothpick to see if it's done. Enjoy!

I should probably add that I enjoy this recipe because it's flexible. I've tried replacing the white flour with a mix of chickpea flour and coconut (which would make it gluten-free). I've also tossed a few chocolate chips or chunks of cream cheese into the batter...

I love to experiment!

This is a fun recipe to make when you crave a bit of chocolate - but don't want to make a big cake! And if, after all my experimenting, it doesn't end up as amazing as I had hoped... there isn't a lot to eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment