Friday, August 28, 2020

Going Through My "Stash" of Gifts

I tend to shop for gifts during post-season sales - and on vacation... I then put my purchases away in my "stash" box - and tend to forget about them!!

I recently went through my gift "stash" after one of my sons mentioned he'd welcome socks as a gift...

(I must be getting old, he added, if I'm asking for socks as gifts!) Yes... It wasn't all that long ago that every gift he wanted had "Nintendo" in the name!

Didn't I have some that I bought a year ago, fully intending to give them to him for his birthday (which just passed...)?!

It was then I found the T-shirt I had planned to give Terry for his birthday this year: Happy belated birthday, I said (three months after the event)... I don't think I gave you anything. 

In May, when we celebrated his birthday, we weren't going out much. Were shopping centers even open? We only ventured out - with great caution - for essentials... I certainly wasn't out shopping for gifts!

Now, what about these tea towels I bought at the TATE Gallery in London the year my youngest son got married...? 

(How many years ago was that?! They have two kids now!)













In all this time, I haven't given them away as gifts... I think I'll start using them myself! They'll brighten up the kitchen!















And these souvenirs from Prince Edward Island, where Terry and I vacationed several summers ago... 

I'll use the pot holders myself...








The "potato" soap as well!

With all these things from my stash that I'm finally allowing myself to use - it almost feels like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment