Wednesday, October 11, 2017

You Can Never Have Too Many!!

I was nearsighted since I was a child. I started wearing glasses when I was in grade school - and over the years, I've worn single lens glasses, contact lenses, bifocals - and even trifocals!

I always hated wearing glasses! They'd get wet in the rain and fog up in winter. Eventually, I had laser vision correction.

Why did you do that? a young ophthalmologist once asked me...

Because I want to open my eyes in the morning and see what is around me - rather than reach for my glasses, and hope they were clean.



Since I retired, I've had laser vision correction - then cataract surgery. I still need glasses... for reading! (I was warned this would be the case.)

Here are my current ones... I sometimes gather them up and wash them all at once.

Instead of owning one pair of (very expensive) trifocals with extra thin lenses and non-scratch, non-glare finish, I have more than a dozen pairs of very cheap reading glasses. I keep two pair in my purse and next to every desk and reading chair in the house. They sometimes break and I often misplace them! So I can never have too many!

No comments:

Post a Comment