Tuesday, October 17, 2017

To Borrow... Or to Buy?

During my working days, I got into the habit of buying books I wanted to read instead of borrowing them from the library. I was never able to finish reading them in the three weeks that the library allowed me to keep them. Now that I'm not as busy, I borrow a lot of books.

Recently some of the books I've borrowed have quite a wait list for them in the library, so I can't renew them if I'm not done...

One case in point is the fascinating book, The Brain's Way of Healingwhich I got from the library. (It was also the subject of a Canadian television program). As I read it, I can't help but feel that Terry and our kids might find it interesting, too.

Maybe you should just buy the book, Terry suggested...

I could... but then I might not be as motivated to finish it quickly.

I tend to put on top of my reading pile books I know I have to take back quickly...

Borrowing and buying each have their own distinct advantages!


No comments:

Post a Comment