Tuesday, October 3, 2017

My Knitting "Fast"

I've been knitting and crocheting a lot this summer... at times, too much. The repetitive motion is sometimes hard on my hands...

I try to make myself take a break if my wrists become sore... But it's hard! (Other knitters may identify!!) It's hard to stop when your goal is in sight!

Wearing a wrist support can help avoid painful motions, but it also makes knitting harder - more awkward.

For the past few months, my left thumb has been bothering me from time to time.  Then I got a really sharp pain came from (of all things!) twisting an elastic band in my hair!

That's a wrist motion, too...

So now I'm on a "knitting fast" - hopefully for only two weeks.

After a few days of pain, I went to see a physiotherapist...

Tendinitis, he said. No knitting until we get this fixed.





I can handle two weeks - but the situation left with a sobering thought: How would I handle it if I could never knit again?!

I'd be devastated!

At the same time, I should be thankful that there are so many other things I could still do...

You can never have too many interests!


No comments:

Post a Comment