Sunday, October 8, 2017

An Interesting Edmonton Church

When I was in Edmonton recently, I attended a church where my Aunt Zilla's nephew is an assistant pastor.

They serve free breakfast every Sunday, Zilla told me.











How did you start this? I later asked the pastor's wife.











We were renting space in a church and had to leave the main floor by a certain time. We served coffee downstairs, but it was still hard to get people to move... until we started serving breakfast.









One of the parishioners, who loves to cook, volunteered to organize a full, hot breakfast every Sunday. Fortunately, he is also a good organizer, and he has trained others to help - and take over if he's away.

Now that we have our own building, it continues to be a church tradition.


I noticed that there was an efficient clean-up crew, too. By the time we left, everything - including chairs and tables had been cleared away, leaving a large open space for weekday activities.

I left, totally impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment