Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Yellow Flowers

This is the season of yellow flowers in my garden!

This day lily came from a friend. This year it has more buds than ever before - but each only lasts... one day!










This little flower has been in our garden for quite a few years now... I've divided the plant several times and transplanted bunches to different parts of the yard, so we have them all over. (I think it's a coreopsis verticillatas, or "tick seed" which, according to Wikipedia, is a North American flower.)






The brown-eyed Susans have sprung up in different parts of the yard. Some neighbors consider them weeds, but I like them.










Here is another small yellow flower that has sprung up in our front garden bed. Not sure what it's called - or if it's a weed! One year I planted some "wild flowers" in this bed, so maybe it's one I planted then. It's pretty but too small to make much of a show.





No comments:

Post a Comment