Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Power of Pinterest

I've been blogging since 2009, the year after I retired. Over the years, I've written more than 2,600 blog posts - and in them, posted two to three times as many pictures.

The Blogger app I use counts the number of "hits" each blog post receives. On a daily basis, about a dozen people read my blog.

But google searches also lead people to my blog, years after a post is published. For many years, my most read post was on indoor trees - what to do when they get too big. Originally posted in February 2011, it now has about 2000 hits.

Recently another post, published two years later (in February 2013) surpassed it, thanks to Pinterest, an online catalog of photos. A picture of one of my quilts, circulating on "Pinterest," now leads 500 people to my blog every week! I had no idea that Pinterest was such a powerful blogging tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment