Friday, August 12, 2016

Canal Fest in Merrickville

Last weekend we headed to Merrickville for their annual Canal Fest. The last time I was here was in spring - on my canal cruise!

There were free canoe rides up the river to observe this natural bird habitat. We didn't go this time. We've been several times over the years. My cruise satisfied my thirst for water travel this year! Instead we watched boats going up and down through the canal locks!







Again there was music in the park - provided by Big Band Ottawa...












Also a display of lamas - and lama yarn - from a nearby farm...












We wandered around the market area, checking out honey products...but we didn't end up buying anything...

(I did wonder if that dome was a real bee hive!)









A lovely day in a beautiful old town!

No comments:

Post a Comment