Thursday, August 25, 2016

Beechwood Cemetery

There are a number of large cemeteries in the city. I often drive by them, but I don't enter them very often...

Last week I did have occasion to visit the Beechwood Cemetery - near where Terry and I once lived.

It is the resting place of many in the government and the military who die, which may be why one of my former colleagues was buried there: Her husband is a retired military officer.










I drove around later, as I had never been in this extensive grounds.












Some grave sites appeared to be very old.













I was surprised to see a Chinese section...

Not sure what the history of that part is, but it was lovely.

I've heard of people who like to take quiet cemetery walks. Maybe I'll have to do that sometime, to get a sense of this large, historic site.

No comments:

Post a Comment