Monday, August 22, 2016

Living Without a Stove

A week or so ago, Terry and I got rid of our kitchen stove the day before a new one was scheduled to be delivered.

Make sure you check to see that it isn't damaged before they bring it into the house, I told him when he went out to greet the delivery men - not that I expected the stove to be damaged!

He was gone a long time. I looked out to see him talking at the back of the truck, so I went out to see what the hold up was.

The stove is damaged, I was told. It has a dent on the side - so the drawer on the bottom won't open. You don't have to accept the delivery...

So we didn't.

Only later did we discover that a new stove would take two to three weeks to arrive!

Moral of the story: Don't get rid of an old stove until a new one has arrived - and it works!!

(On the positive side, we do have a microwave - and it's perfect weather for barbecuing outside!)


No comments:

Post a Comment