Saturday, August 20, 2016

Where Did My Cone Flower Go?!

Sometimes weeding my garden, I accidentally "lose" a plant. That must have happened to the pink cone flower that used to bloom in our front garden bed.

When I noticed it was missing, I wondered if I should buy another. I don't have a lot of flowers that bloom in late summer.










I was surprised to see that they come in a variety of colors - from white to pink... and even orange!!










I've never noticed this hybrid color before...













I couldn't resist! Now this potted pink cone flower is sitting on the back deck - while I wonder where to plant it.

(The instructions say "full sun" - but I want to plant it where I can easily see its cheery color.)

It's the first plant I've bought this year.

That's the beauty of perennials: They return year after year. So when I plant them, I feel as if I'm adding a permanent "sculpture" to my garden landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment