Sunday, August 14, 2016

A Children's Prayer

In one of my mother's books I came across this bookmark with this lovely children's prayer:



Thank you, God, for feet to run,
Thank  you for my play and fun;
For eyes to see, for hand to lift,
For food to eat, and every gift
That makes me strong and wish to sing, "Thank You, God, for everything."










As I read it, it reminded me that nobody is too old to be thankful for mobility, strength, food and joy!

Even my 97-year-old mother, blind and wheel-chair-bound, is thankful for (in her words) "continued good health."

1 comment:

  1. Do you know why i'm here? Becos when im children i make this prayer to be a song. And now (2021) 7th des , 22:50, with a sudden i remember bout this song. Then i sing, but m forget some of this phrase. Then i type and search at google first of the lyric, then i found this blog ! O my God.. Thxu so much ! This is a treasure for me ! God bless you !

    ReplyDelete