Tuesday, August 9, 2016

More About Yellow Flowers

A few days ago I posted some pictures of yellow flowers currently in bloom in our yard.

My neighbor Mary, who has some of the same flowers, informed me that the flower I didn't know the name of was a "Toadflax" or "Butter and Eggs," related to the snapdragon. (Its Latin botanical name is "Lunaria Vulgaris.") Thanks, Mary!








She also mentioned that the Coreopsis is a "Coreopsis verticillate 'Zagreb'"












While on the topic of yellow flowers currently in bloom, I forgot to mention the one solitary Heliopsis that has survived my attempts to weed out the gout weed in the front garden bed. (The gout weed is that variegated leaf to the left of the flower in the picture. It's very invasive and almost impossible to get rid of!)


(I've also lost the pink Echinacea plant I used to have, probably for the same reason...)

I also forgot to mention the tall "Golden Glow Rudbeckia," also known as "Outhouse Plant" currently in bloom.











It's a beautiful flower - but it does spread relatively quickly. I'm not sure why, whether through root growth or reseeding itself year by year.

No comments:

Post a Comment