Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Watching Arm Wrestling

I have vivid memories of arm wrestling with my brother when we were young. For me, it is something kids do at the coffee table in the living room.

But it's obviously more than a children's pastime. It's now a sport even adults participate in.

My older son (who loves wrestling of any kind) noticed the arm-wrestling competition going on at the Brockville "Rib Fest." So it wasn't surprising that he wanted to stop and watch.

I discovered that there are rules... (Elbows must stay on the red pads.)

There are referees.

There was even a camera crew recording every move!











We missed the children's competition, but we did catch the women' and some of the men's.

 (With no referees watching, these men are just practicing.)

It appears that, to win, you have to be both strong and fast!





The teams have interesting names, like the "High Hookers,"
















Some of the wrestlers look in really good shape.

Yet it looks so easy, it makes even someone like me want to jump in and try!

No comments:

Post a Comment