Friday, August 8, 2014

Spinning, Weaving and Knitting Store


I recently discovered a store that sells spinning, weaving and knitting supplies here in Ottawa. It was early in the morning, so the store was closed. But I peered into the windows, feeling I had moved back in time.




I used to use these plastic weavers. I must have one somewhere in my stash of materials.












I once made an afghan of black woven squares crocheted together with a wide green border, similar to the one on the cover of the pattern book.

I don't expect to do that again! (Too much work!)

But I wonder if I still have my little weaving machine.




It's interesting to see that some of the more obscure crafts of the 1960s and 70s are making a comeback!

I'll have to come back when the store is open.

No comments:

Post a Comment