Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mid-August Flowers

Spring began later than usual this year - but little by little, the flowering of perennials in my garden has caught up.



A lot of flowers are currently in bloom - though the reddening of the fall Sedum (Autumn Joy) warns me that the end is nigh!


But for now, I still have some pink Echinacea cone flowers in bloom... and brown-eyed Susans beside them...








 

A few Heliopsis...














Golden Glow Rudbeckia (Outhouse plant)...











Tall Japanese windflowers (Anemone tosermentosa)...













Coreposis...













These late blooming day lilies...













Phlox...













A daisy or two...












These low-lying geraniums that have been flowering all summer long!














A few red roses (beside remnants of white phlox)...













Achillea - both pink and white - together with a sprinkling of red Knautia (seen in the left of the picture)...







 





And these lovely mauve flowers that bloom in late summer. (I don't know what they are called!)

In my attempts to control the gout weed in my front flower bed, I have accidentally smothered out the Golden Rod! But it grows like a weed - so I expect to see it back again before long!

No comments:

Post a Comment