Monday, August 11, 2014

Food Souvenirs

I often bring home gifts of food when I travel.


When I went to Hawaii last winter, I brought back what I thought was two jars of Hawaiian honey...













But only one was honey - Rare Hawaiian... (which Terry tells me is the best honey he has ever tasted!) In fact, he would be happy for me to go back and get some more!















The other was called "Liko Lehua"... To me it looked like a more golden-colored honey in a jar!

I probably wasn't wearing my reading glasses when I bought it, because (in smaller print) the label also reads "Lilikoi Butter Passion Fruit."

What is lilikoi butter? I wondered the other day as I considered opening it... I checked online and discovered that lilikoi is a tangy yellow passionfruit! That gave me the courage to open the jar... and taste it!

Delicious! Thanks to my food souvenirs, my travel "adventure" hasn't ended yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment