Saturday, February 11, 2023

Exercise to Lower Blood Pressure?!

I've been on blood pressure medication for quite a few years now, and although I have a blood pressure monitor at home, I rarely bother to use it.

A health article recently reminded me that high blood pressure is referred to as the "silent killer"... 

Hmmm... Maybe I should be taking it more seriously!

I then came across an interesting study - done by McMaster University - that indicates that blood pressure can be lowered by 10% by doing isometric hand exercises like squeezing a rubber ball...


... or hand grips like these - for half an hour - 3 times a week… though it does take months to see the effects.

Maybe I should get a second pair - one to keep at home, another keep in the car. It would be an easy exercise to do while I'm in the passenger seat and Terry is driving.


Or maybe I should mix it up by squeezing exercise balls as well?!

Hmmm. Will I actually have the discipline to do these exercises - month after month?!

(I suspect not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment