Monday, February 13, 2023

Oops!

My daughter lives in a lovely, large apartment building where - in spite of its many modern features - the building's mailroom is woefully inadequate. Whoever designed the building didn't foresee today's working reality. Nowadays so many people work from home that home deliveries have multiplied exponentially. Boxes of food, office supplies - and who knows what else - overflow from the mailroom in her building into the lobby, where they lie strewn haphazardly for anyone to pick up. 

With all this delivery chaos, our daughter has opted to have her parcels sent to our house.

One day recently, we came home to find a small Amazon box on the doorstep. 

What did you order now? Terry asked.

Books, I replied. 

It's a small box for books, he commented. 

These books are small...


The next day, when I opened the box - to my surprise, I discovered not books ... but candy!


I checked the label... Oops! It was addressed to my daughter!

Her company had sent all employees candy as a Valentine's Day gift!

I guess having your mother accidentally open your mail is the downside of our delivery arrangement! 

(Hmmm, I wonder if she'd notice if any candy is gone?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment