Tuesday, February 7, 2023

One Thing Leads to Another!

I recently saw a crocheted afghan pattern I liked… It was done in “mosaic crochet”…


Hmm. I’ve been crocheting for years but I don’t remember encountering the term, mosaic crochet.


When I Googled it - up popped another blanket I loved even more... Comments for both patterns claimed that mosaic crochet was surprisingly easy!

Again online I came across a “beginner” tutorial. Watching it, I realized I’d been doing a simple version of the technique for years!


In fact, I’m in the middle of one now…


That was enough to get me to purchase and download the pattern - and buy some new yarn!


I didn't count on the pattern being difficult to understand, but it was! I was really struggling... until I found  the beginners' part 2 instructional video! I pulled out 5 rows ... then started that part again...


Now I'm finding it easier... though still a challenge! But it is satisfying to learn a new skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment