Monday, August 1, 2022

It’s a Jungle Out There!



Every year I cut a dozen or more saplings out of my flower beds. 

They’ve been growing for a few years - planted by squirrels, birds or the wind.

When they reach a few feet tall, I finally notice them, growing among the flowers.


I decided to let this one next to the street grow - on city property. Maybe it will provide some shade. But it’s a Manitoba maple, according to my neighbor Rob. Not a good tree to have. I’m not sure why.

There are vines everywhere as well, growing on the hedges and trees - and among the flowers.

Terry and I keep busy cutting them down before they destroy the hedge or limit leaf growth.

If we didn’t keep the saplings and vines at bay, our whole yard would quickly become a jungle!

(Sometimes I think it already is one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment