Friday, August 26, 2022

Family Memories

Today is my parents’ wedding anniversary. They were married on this date in 1944.

Here is a picture taken one of the few times all their children and grandchildren gathered together at their home on Lawrence Avenue in Kelowna - a small house they bought for their retirement years. Prior to that, they lived on Bay Avenue and on DeHart Avenue, houses my brother and I lived in as well. Their final home was a condominium on Bernard Avenue

As I look at this photo now, I am struck by how much my younger son, at that age, resembles his own son now.

And how much he now resembles my brother, as he looked then.

And I wonder what my older son is up to - that I’m holding him back, while Terry takes this picture… It couldn’t have been too serious - my father and I are both smiling!

It those days before digital cameras, we couldn’t just check the photo and do a retake.

No comments:

Post a Comment