Monday, August 15, 2022

Interesting Knitting Goals


My daughter recently sent me an online article about Sam Barsky, a knitter of original sweaters - all for himself. What sets him apart are his interesting knitting goals.

First, he knits a sweater a month (all for himself). That in itself (for me) would be a challenge. 


Second, each each sweater depicts a famous location - such as the Los Angeles hill that displays the “Hollywood” sign in giant letters. 

Third, when the sweater is finished, he visits the location that inspired the design and has his picture taken, with him wearing the sweater. 

Many of his sweaters are short-sleeved, knit with cotton yarn, so that they are comfortable to wear in warmer weather.

His interesting goals - knitting and travelling - make me wonder if I should add some goals to my knitting… My current goal of knitting sweaters from the top down, instead of vice versa, seems mild in comparison!


No comments:

Post a Comment