Sunday, June 5, 2022

Still Knitting!

Spring has arrived - and I’m still knitting! 

My current knitting challenge is “building” a sweater knit top-down, starting at one shoulder - and, bit by bit, like putting together a puzzle, it comes together!


It was the collar that attracted me to the pattern. That- and the fact that the shoulders didn’t slide down. Very rarely does a sweater fit me at the shoulders.


During the winter, I completed my first version of the pattern in beige acrylic yarn. It’s  easy to care for: I toss it into the washer and dryer as needed.


Now I’m on my second one, in grey, using a thicker yarn - also acrylic. To compensate for the size differential, I’m following a smaller size of the pattern.

Slowly it’s  coming together… It tightens up when sleeves and collar are added. My first sleeve is finished, so that side isn’t as loose. I hope it fits in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment