Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Why I Love Clutter…

I just came across something I wrote back in 1998 - a journaling exercise from a book I was reading at the time, entitled “Room to Write”. 

I was reflecting on all the clutter around me… the piles of things on my desk or next to my chair… (I must have had clutter around me then, as well!) 

Thinking about it, I realized that I actually THRIVE on clutter. I NEED it… for several reasons.

One, I love to be active and have lots of things to do… So I like to be have projects around me - in case I feel like working on one of them…

(I wonder… did I have quilting, knitting or reading in mind?! Or TIDYING?!)

Second, I need visual reminders of what my options are: so I leave piles of things around me.

All these visual reminders may look like clutter…(to the uninformed eye)! 

But it really isn’t! It’s work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment