Friday, June 3, 2022

Iris Season

It’s currently “iris season” in our garden. I love seeing these purple blooms appear at this time of year..

I have four or five different kinds…

All were given to me by a friend - who in turn brought them from her father’s flower garden in southern Ontario. She divides hers every few years, sharing them with friends.

One year I was the recipient of all her divided roots and I think of her every time they bloom. 

Over the years, I’ve divided mine several times as well.

Not yet blooming are some smaller purple ones and tall yellow flowers. I’d be interested to know how many colours irises come in.

We’ve had a lot of rain this spring, so everything is growing well. Unfortunately, the weeds are doing well, too. The rain has also brought an abundance of mosquitoes - so I don’t spend a lot of time outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment