Sunday, June 26, 2022

It Takes a Lots of Hands….

I had to smile when I saw my grandkids wanting to help put the chairs together after their dining room furniture arrived - some assembly required.

Over the years, a lot of our furniture - especially things from IKEA - required assembly. This desire to help is continuing in the next - and the next - generations.

I wonder how long they’ll remember that they “helped” put it together…

I don’t remember if any of our kids volunteered to assemble IKEA furniture. But our older son has never forgotten how - one Spring break - he helped me reupholster this hide-a-bed sofa. 


(Was this our “before” picture?! If so, I can’t find a the corresponding “after.” Or did his team win a championship?) 

Years later, he was heartbroken when Terry and I finally threw that sofa out: “But I helped you reupholster it!!”

(I had totally forgotten that he had been my right hand helper!)

Warning: Years from now, this little guy may never want to let these table or chairs go!

No comments:

Post a Comment