Friday, January 27, 2012

Will I Have Enough?!

I started these (adult-size) socks a few weeks ago...














... using two batches of yarn left over from other sock projects.














The purple was left over from lacy socks my daughter made me.














(I don't have patience for doing such delicate work!)














The other yarn is left over from a colorful pair of socks I made quite a few years ago.














I tried to create a pattern with the two yarns, doing the top ribbing and heel in the purple, and creating stripes of alternating 3 rows (of purple) and six rows (of the multi-color yarn). I wanted to tone down the brightness of the red/yellow/blue/green.














I must admit that I'm surprised that I've made it this far.














I'm currently decreasing at the toe. The yarn is running low. So the big question in my mind is: WILL I HAVE ENOUGH of this yarn to finish the socks?! (And, if not, what color yarn should I add to finish them up?! I've been gathering together all my scraps of sock yarn...)














(Several hours later:)
I can't believe it! I had enough... with a tiny bit to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment