Monday, January 30, 2012

1000 Posts?!

I find it hard to believe that yesterday marked my thousandth blog post! I guess, like everything else, it's a matter of beginning, taking it one blog post at a time... and being surprised when a milestone is reached!

How has blogging affected my life? Writing is now a focal point of my day. And I take a lot more pictures! Whenever I see something interesting, I take a picture to (perhaps) blog about it... (I have a lot of unfinished blog posts that never get posted.) Blogging has taught me to be more attentive to the details of my life. (And I take my camera with me wherever I go, just in case I encounter something "blog-worthy.")

What have I learned about blogging since beginning this adventure in February 2009?

First, that I apparently have a lot more to say than I originally thought!

Second, I've discovered a few "hot topics" in blogging. Gardening is one... According to Google Analytics, my most read posts deal with gardening. What to Do with Indoor Trees (from February 2011) remains my most read post with 599 page views. Next, with 208 page views, is Gardening in October (from October 2009). And my third most viewed post is Early May Flower "Catalog" (from May 2010) with 110 page views. Readers find these posts, even now, through a google search, sometimes looking for images.

Third, I've learned that BLOGGING IS A LOT OF FUN... In fact, it's quite "addictive." If I ever think of taking a break for a while, as some bloggers do, I get a "panic attack".. (As if my doctor suggested I give up MY MORNING COFFEE!)

I mean, I could live without coffee (or blogging) if I absolutely had to... but my mornings would definitely not be the same!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching this milestone of 1000 blog posts! I enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete