Thursday, January 5, 2012

Best Bagels

Ottawa's best bagels - in my opinion - are found in a Wellington Street bakery, the Bagel Shop. I used to go there weekly - to buy several dozen bagels for weekend breakfasts and school lunches. But in recent years - since discovering I was type 2 diabetic (and not having school lunches to prepare) - my visits have been much less frequent.














Recently I was back - for a brunch with former colleagues... teachers who worked together more than 30 years ago, teaching English to French-speaking army recruits at Canadian Forces Base St. Jean, Quebec.














(That we are still in touch is partly a Facebook "miracle"!)














After eating my breakfast bagel sandwich, before leaving...














I just had to buy some fresh bagels to take home!

No comments:

Post a Comment