Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No Turning Back!

The day was windy: a wind warning was in effect. But somehow the squirrels were oblivious to all this. They were still out running around! One little guy seemed relatively new to the game of walking on wires - he paused now and then as he followed his buddy across the icy hydro line, stopping to adjust his grip on the line, his tail waving madly for balance.














Would he fall off?!
I grabbed my camera to take a picture, in case he did. (I have never seen one fall off a line...)














But no, he made it safely across... Tenacious? Or foolish? I'm not sure! But one thing is certain, once he got on that wire, there was no turning back! (At the first gust of wind, I probably would have stopped, frozen in my tracks!) Sometimes it's good not to have the time - or wisdom - to think too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment