Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Winter Running

My daughter, who lives downtown, likes to go running several times a week.

What are your running paths like these days with all the snow? I recently asked her.


Well, not all paths are maintained in winter, she said. So I've had to change my route.


But one bridge that's closed to cars - because they're doing repairs - is still open to pedestrians and cyclists, so there are still places to run.


But it's different... It's dark by 5 pm, so I don't go out running as often as I'd like. By the time I finish work, it's usually dark!


She then sent me a few pictures to show me some of her paths.

She didn't mention ice - or puddles, on warmer days! The fear of encountering those is enough to keep me walking indoors!

I think you have to be very determined to keep running in Canada in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment