Saturday, December 2, 2023

Poured Painting Class



A few weeks ago, at the studio where I do pottery, I took an afternoon class in poured painting.











It's not hard - but it is messy!

First you choose your colours. then you pour the paint on top of the canvas. The paint flows where it will - sometimes creating interesting bubbles. Eventually you have to pick up the painting and move it... (and there's paint dripping everywhere!)

Maybe I'm messier than most, but I came home with my hands and arms speckled with paint. It took a week for some of it to disappear. Next time, I'll wear rubber gloves!


It's messy and drippy...But definitely a lot of fun. On each of my pours, I tried to focus on a different colour from my palate.


Looking at paintings that others made, I want to take the class again - next time using different colours! (It would be too messy to do at home.)


I should add that my inspiration was this poured painting my granddaughter did at art camp a year ago when she was only 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment