Thursday, December 28, 2023

History Lesson

My blog post about my granddaughter's concept of an "old fashioned " phone led to my not-yet-40-year- old son telling his children what phones were like in his youth:

"They were plugged into the wall and you had to stand close by when you talked on them."

I must have some in the basement, I thought, heading downstairs.


When I returned with a pink "Hello Kitty" phone and a black one we used to have on the wall in the kitchen, my grandchildren were ecstatic.


Pretending that the phones still worked kept them entertained for an hour!

Seen here wearing a soccer jersey that had belonged to his dad, my grandson had no idea that he had to actually HANG UP!

(Who'd have thought that grandma's house was so full of historic relics?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment